Buying a laptop display/monitor.?

The laptop im trying to change the monitor for is Lenovo Ideapad 100-150IBY 80MJ. It is an LCD type screen with 15.6" in diameter. Im asking if the only way to change the display of a laptop is by choosing the same display for the laptop or i can find other displays as long as they have the same: port/connector, dimensions, resolution? If the answer is yes, then how can i check for the type of connector my display has (preferably if i dont have to open it)?

Thanks in advance :')!

You can only replace the laptop screen with an identical one. Installing it would also be a chore. If you need a bigger screen buy an external monitor that plugs into the HDMI (or other included) graphics port.

You cannot find out what you need to know without looking at the back of the LCD display panel.  You will have to take the screen out of the top shell to see it.

I learned that the hard way with a LENOVO G555 laptop a few years ago.  I needed (I thought) another cable from the motherboard.  I went by a forum poster's advice and got the wrong one.  Turns out a change in middle of the production run, a different connector shape on the LG panel made my cable useless.

You need the EXACT part number of the LCD panel in order to replace it.  And no other panel will have the right spacing of screw holes, maybe the thickness and edge dimensions, also the connector and the resolution of the original.