What am I doing with my life? Career help!?

(18 year old girl)

I have no idea what job/career I want. I have just left college (waiting for a-level results) and did not apply for uni as I had no idea what course to take. I also probably wouldn't have gotten into uni because I'm not the best when it comes to academics. I have no hobbies or skills so its not like I can do something that im good at. My 'plan' was to go traveling as I am obsessed with the idea of meeting new people and seeing new things and learning about different cultures but then COVID happened and destroyed that idea. I was thinking of volunteering abroad maybe in like an animal sanctuary or helping a community somewhere with a volunteering company but again that's been thrown out the window. So now I am stuck with no idea on what to do. Most uni courses I have a slight interest in have entry requirements that are far to high and I have no clue what I want to do anyway.Literally any help/ advice will be greatly appreciated. I am feeling completely lost and wish I could just go back 10 years and be 8 with no worries again but that snot going to happen haha. Thanks for any advice!

You don't need a 40-year career plan, you need something to do for the next six months to two years. You are still a teenager and a lot is going to change in your life in the next 5-7 years.  

If you need money, get a job.  Any job. A job in a factory, a job in a retail store, a job walking dogs. It doesn't matter. You aren't a prisoner to that job.

If you don't need to work, start looking at free or low-cost courses online.  There are all kinds of things you can lean about.  Check them out.  Bone up on your maths or whatever using Kahn Academy.  Learn how to cook really well. Read some books -- both non-fiction and literature. Learn sign language or Spanish.  Become a dog trainer or photographer or learn to create a website.

Read the article at the link below for some inspiration. 

https://www.thrillist.com/tech/valuable-skills-you...

Visit the Excellence-Success site and read some of the articles there.  Then make a list of all the jobs you think you can do, then circle all of the ones you think you would not hate after a year.

• Tavy

There are thousands of apprenticeships in the U.K. you will be paid while learning.

Give it a google.