ydni asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

Did you like the movie the Davinci Code?

Did you like it?  What did you think of it? 

I didn't really like the movie at all because it was a bad science fiction story.

It was okay but I liked the book better.

I really liked it, but not as much as Angel and Demons. Still, having never read the book, I was surprised how well The Da Vinci Code was crafted. I'm sure the book was more detailed, but the movie was detailed enough for me. It tells a remarkable story that I've always wondered if it could be possible. I still wonder if Jesus Christ did have descendants, do they walk among us now?   

The main reason I saw the movie was because it was directed by one of my favorite directors, Ron Howard. But, what got my attention most was not the movie itself or how much money the movie made, but how fast the Roman Catholic Church responded to the previously unknown information in the movie. I'm aware a lot of the supposed facts are twisted for the movie, but it was so well crafted that I started to wonder how much of it is really true. And, why did the Catholic Church get their feathers so ruffled. It's like the movie struck a nerve at the Vatican, and certain information was not supposed to be made public. "Holy crap! We gotta a problem now."

I just wonder after the first showing of the movie, if the Vatican had to find a new hiding place for the sarcophagus of Mary Magdalene. "Pope, I gotta soma bada news. We gotta finda new hiding place for our holy mummy. Opie froma dat Andy Griffith show, he found out about our secret...we really got to excommunicate dat Richie Cunningham now. I dunno what's a matter for him."    

I loved it, but the book was even better than the movie.

No.  Dreck.  Cookie-cutter characters and formulaic plot forced into a series of romantic settings.  The only people who like it are bored housewives who wish they could go to Europe and want to feel smart about their travel porn.