One of my keyboard keys is not working, even when I changed to a new keyboard.?

Hi,

My "Home" key on the keyboard is not working. At first, I thought it was the keyboard, but when I bought a new one, it still doesn't work on it.

Can someone help, please?

I use it a lot in my work.

Thanks in advance.

With no clue what the keyboard is attached to (laptop, desktop computer, or ?) there is no way to guess accurately from far away.

My 2012 HP Elitebook 2760p laptop was fine with Win7, but Win10 screwed up some keys.  Others wrote on Internet forums about same problem.   I replaced the keyboard, no change.  So I use a USB keyboard, it is fine. That leads me to believe it is a software conflict with the interface chip on the motherboard.  I will have to go back to Win7 or use the USB port only.

Go into Device Manager, then just below where it says Keyboards right-click on the name of the keyboard that has been detected and select Uninstall device.  You MAY be given the option to Remove driver.  Accept this.  Reboot your computer and Windows will automatically redetect your keyboard and install the appropriate driver.

replace the keyboard driver