Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Am I going out of my way / doing too much for my boyfriend?

I would do anything for my boyfriend, we have only been together a month but I always pay for things, I always pick him up and drop him off in my car, and baked him a big cookie cake when he got a job to say congrats. He is easily the best guy i’ve ever been with and I can see I mean a lot to him but he doesn’t do the same amount of things for me (partly because he doesn’t have a car and hasn’t had a job until now and so hasn’t had any money). Sometimes I feel like I go out of my way to do caring things for him, is this over the top? Is there even any problems with doing so? Or am I just being a super duper good girlfriend. 

Even when he has money, he's not going to do much at all for you, so don't hold your breath. You've already overdone it with him.  I wouldn't be caught dead paying for everything for a guy and picking him up in my car all the time.  

• Tj

Do not let him use you...there is such a thing as going overboard with kindness.