Are new translations of the 'Bible' written based on today's "theology" rather than "moved by the Holy Ghost" (II Peter 1:20-21)?

@ANON 

Today's Christians don't know "the Holy Word" DOES NOT need translations since "Jesus gives commandments through the Holy Ghost" (Acts 1:2).

Why do you need a "translation" when JESUS DOES THE TRANSLATING (I Cor 2:10) after one has been Holy Spirit baptized (Acts 1:5;8) and "we join to His Spirit" (I Corinthians 6:17)?

@ L E Grant

"GOD DOES THE TRANSLATING" (I Corinthians 2:10).

"But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God" (I Cor 2:10)!

Mostly, yes                   .

• TeeM

All translations of God's word, including the Greek Septuagint, includes 'theological interpretations'

One scholar stated, "The Bible should not be translated by theologians, because no matter how hard they try, their bias or belief will work its way into the translation." 

This same scholar stated, 'The most accurate translation is the "New World Translation"' 

He admits the translators of this Bible are bias, but their bias is in agreement with what the original writers wrote.

He also states many of the differences between the NWT and other Bibles is not because the translators 're-wrote God's word' but because they translated it correctly.

(loose quotes from memory)

.

• User

The great majority of them

are written based on the original language Biblical documents.

Only relatively few

give theology greater authority than linguistic principles of translation.

One that I know that does so

is the New World Translation.

Note that there is SOME theology-based alteration in MOST translations

including very obviously in the King James Version

(see, for one of the most obvious examples: Isaiah 14:12)

but GENERALLY that is avoided in most translations of the Bible.

Is your unending questions based on anything other than your own arrogance? Your pride at needing to be better than everyone else? Your "holier than thou" attitude? You claim to speak to god. Write a new one.

Theological talking points have overloaded the thinking of some.

You mean translation from Aramaic the language of Jesus Christ , I wonder.

As long as the path to ones salvation is the same, it doesn't matter

• @L E Grant

20 "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost" (II Peter 2:20-21).

@ANON

Awwww!

Look at you; bragging about your "Hebrew and Greek" when GOD SAID "Lean not to YOUR OWN understanding" (Proverbs 3:5) and "Hebrew and Greek" is a man's understanding.

"But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God" (I Corinthians 2:10).

@DayBULLY (Revelation 12:10)!

I know how to be a true Christian; unlike you!

"Now listen to them, but you must solemnly warn them and show them the manner of the King who will reign over them." (I Samuel 8:9).

"This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith" (Titus 1:13).

For do I now persuade men [Getting my 2 points?], or God? or do I seek to please men [Getting my 2 points]? for if I yet pleased men [Getting my 2 points?], I should not be the servant of Christ" (Galatians 1:10).

"Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD" (Jeremiah 23:24)!  🤣🤣🤣

You're A FOOL after your 2 points! 👍

"GOD HATES YOU" (Proverbs 6:16-19)!

@WILLIAM ELLIS

How can today's Christians BE ON THE SAME PATH when they believe (((THE OPPOSITE))) of what GOD SAID

TWO baptisms (Ephesians 4:5) eating His body and drinking His blood (I Corinthians 10:3-4) and/or worshiping a 3 in 1 god called a trinity that's "3 persons" LIMITING GOD (I Corinthians 12:6; Daniel 4:35)?

"Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our LORD Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment" (I Corinthians 1:10).

Source(s): THUS SAITH THE LORD! "REPENT" FROM YOUR LYING CATHOLIC DOCTRINE! CATHOLIC DOCTRINE! LET MY PEOPLE GO!

The original Hebrew and Greek manuscripts are the only God inspired scriptures. Good luck if you aren't fluent in Hebrew and Greek. 

Depends on who is dong the translating.

Some recent versions seem to be solely for the sake of the sects who wanted the translation their way...