asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 2 months ago

why do some people like to butcher their shrubs around their house and cut down all the trees in their yard?

I have noticed lately, especially around me, that not only will developers come in and quickly level a house on the market, they'll bulldoze everything natural on the property, level the trees, level the land, plant fake grass, and then there'll be this "Wisteria Lane" house sitting in the middle of, for all intents and purposes, a bunch of farm houses with no major modifications done to the yards, and plenty of trees.

The guys who buy these houses will traditionally try to drive everyone else out of the neighborhood too. It's a sad, sad sign of the times, if you were to ask me.

Favorite Answer

The shrubs may not be to their taste.  There are many varieties.  People prefer different kinds.  Large trees can be dangerous in storms and the roots can cause problems with foundations and driveways.  There are many valid reasons.

Shrubs and bushes need maintenance. People can plant them if they want them and many don't.