can you become pregnant if you are on probation?

my cousin is pregnant but she is on parole. her parole officer is kind of mean and don't want her to be socializing with people because of the crime she committed. she still has 8 years of probation but she is already 3 months pregnant. can the parole officer put her in jail for getting pregnant or can they take her baby away once the baby is born?

4 Answers

  • MissA
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    No, they can't.

    I am going to assume that she's going to get much more attention from your local child protective services agency than the average mom but  automatically removing her child  wouldn't be a thing that'd happen.

  • J
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

    Unless a judge specifically ordered that she not have children, they can’t lock her up for it. They can’t take the baby away just because she’s on probation, but her original crime could affect her fitness as a mother. If she was convicted of child abuse or molestation, they might have cause to remove the child from her care. Generally, past crimes don’t affect parental rights. If she commits another crime after the baby is born, there MIGHT be cause to take the kid. It really depends on the crime and the judge. But as long as she doesn’t commit any new wrongs, she’s the mother and she has rights. 

  • Jill
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Is it a condition of her probation that she cannot have a baby? If not then she's not violating parole so there would be no grounds to send her back to jail or take the baby away. 

  • 2 months ago

    Depends on the charges, if she was convicted of a crime against a minor child (like child sex abuse), then there's the potential of losing custody of the child. However, if the parole officer is discouraging her from hanging around with people she was doing drugs with or otherwise engaging in the behavior that got her in trouble, then there's less of a chance of losing the child. But, no, I don't believe I've ever met the sex police.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.