Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Introverts, how do you survive being married?

I’m definitely introverted.  I need a lot of down time and time on my own.  Phone calls, hearing other people’s conversations and noise generally just wear me out.

I’m in my mid-40s but just prefer to be single; I couldn’t deal with having to spend time focusing on a spouse’s needs and looking after a spouse, in large part because I need peace and quiet.

So, people who are really introverted: how do you survive being married?  Do you just marry another introvert?

• Foofa
    Favorite Answer

I had specifications for the kind of house we'd live in and I made sure his area was two floors below mine. Square footage is imperative for people like us. Of course if you have kids they're no respecters of private spaces. So with that you kind of just have to learn to roll with it. 

You gave a perfect answer to your question.

• tammy

This is sad! I wish you the best. Hopefully you will find someone who is the same.

I'm am introvert.  I'm single for just the reasons you listed.