The Clash or Television...which artists are more influential punk band   ?

Favorite Answer

Television.

The Clash had some great singles here and there. But album wise Television was just killing it.

Marque Moon is a guitar rock classic.

Easily The Clash.  Much as I tried to like Television, it just wasn't happening.  In fact, when I saw them in concert, I fell asleep.  The only other time that ever happened to me was the 2nd (& last) time I saw Eric Clapton (or was it Eric Cale?  J.J. Clapton?  "Lay Down Sally", or "Lay Down & Fall Asleep"?  Hyper-boring!)  

The Clash are more influential. Unless you want to give credit to the Richard Hell incarnation of Television for inventing the entire genre.

• I would say The Clash were probably the biggest influence and their influence is still felt today, especially 'London Calling' which can mostly be described as Pop Punk. I always thought of Television being more New Wave than Punk and again hugely influential but more on New Wave/Post Punk.