Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Can I press charges if a seller is using my information after i have already gotten my item? ?

A girl off Etsy was not very happy with my honest review I had left about her item. I logged into an old facebook account that has my real name and I had a hateful message from her. I know it was her because in the message she goes to insult me and then says its because i left her a bad review but the account has been deleted or she blocked me so there arent any ties that it was her other than her stating it was about the review(that is the only bad review ive had to write) AND i got the message the exact same day I left the review. I feel extremely uncomfortable because this person is mad and is stalking down my social media accounts online but the major issue is that she has my ADDRESS.I feel unsafe. If this person hunted down my social media pages who knows what else she will do. Is there anything legally I can do? I want to be able to prevent her from doing this to other customers in the futre.  

Not illegal.  Actions have consequences.

Nope, you were not financially  damaged or kicked out of any country clubs because of what a person said.

And besides  nobody knows you anyway, so your social status was not even damaged.

Nobody 5 states over even cares what she said about you

• Rick

MIGHT be easier to change things like bank accounts and credit card numbers ..........

There is NOTHING you can do legally UNLESS she posted (or you recorded) threats to harm you.  The Police will not be interested.

You can put up security cameras.  You can block her.

There is nothing you can do to prevent her behavior in the future.  In fact, that is a ridiculous question.

This is called, "Keep it to yourself unless you want the seller to be really, really upset."  Bad reviews?  I don't post them.  Instead, I post no review.  I've seen this situation happen too many times.