hello asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

I don’t know how to do grocery shopping?

Whenever I do grocery shopping my cart will be full but when I get back home I won’t have any ingredients and I end up eating rice and soy 

Before doing your grocery shopping, plan your whole week meals. That way you will know what ingredients to get from the grocery store. Write your shopping list and only stick to what you have wrote on your list. 

Make a list over a week, writing items down as you see them required.

• jean

you need to write a shopping list before u go' Plan what meal u want to have and what ingredients u need to buy.

Just make a list, because you obviously want fruit so buy that then the other things you have on your list

• nappa

Make a list of what you need before shopping. make sit easy by knowing what you need. make out a menu of what you want to eat for the time you shop and next time you shop, helps alot buying what you need to fill out your eating meals will be.

Go to Woman's Day magazine online and see if you can find their "month of menus" feature. Not only is the food delicious, it's healthy and easy to make. AND they give you a shopping list!! You take that to the store, buy what it tells you to buy, then make your meals every day with the menu.  SIMPLE. 

1. Have a plan, a list, and the will power to skip the impulse purchases. 

2. Notice they put the fresh food around the walls of the store. Hit those first and get your meat, dairy, veggies and bread into the cart. 

3. Get the standard ingredients and canned items. Stick to the list unless a meal idea came to mind.

4. NOW, if there's room you can get the unhealthy crap. Or just go home and enjoy a proper meal!

• kswck2

Two tips that will last you a lifetime: Never go shopping when hungry-AND Always make a list-and Stick to it. 

I always plan ahead and make a list. It's so much easier to shop when you have a list, at the very least. Some people don't meal plan and just buy what they need to make everything and anything. To each their own, but I find that filling my week with meals and sticking to it means I save money, don't buy anything unnecessary, and have everything I need to make it. 

I'm to the point of cooking everything, but if you're not, you can buy ready made meals and pre packaged foods so you have variety. If you want to cook, look at some easy recipes and jot down, THEN AND THERE, the ingredients you need and buy them. So if you want to make, I don't know, a chicken curry dish, you're going to need curry seasoning, salt, onions, chicken, coconut milk or heavy cream. Write down EVERYTHING needed on your grocery list. Same thing with a lasagna: noodles, sauce, cheeses, Italian seasoning. 

You may also just do a basic staple shop: get some basic ingredients that way you have them on hand whenever you need them. Seasonings, herbs, spices, baking ingredients, such as flour, yeast, sugar, cocoa powder, etc., sauces, marinades, rice, pasta, beans, whatever. I have to do a staple shop twice a year, usually. I just get used to thinking I have it on hand, but you run out! So I'll go through all my things and write down what I need and pick them up the next time I go out. Staples are usually pretty long lasting, so they only need to be restocked this much for me. I can buy meat now and just go to town, because I have all the staples and sides I need. 

Plan your meals at home.  Make a list of the ingredients you need before you leave the house.

When you go to the store, only buy the things on the list. 

You can save a lot of money by reading the weekly grocery flyer that comes in the mail and planning your meals around what's on sale for the week.