Sweet Tears asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

What do you think of pugs?

Do you think they are cute, funny or ugly? Please explain more. thankyou!

They're OK but way too many of their owners are fat slobs that feed them crap food and never walk them so they are horribly obese.  Add in the issue of a brachycephalic face and the poor things can barely breath with all that weight.FYI posts like this aren't allowed on here since there's no right answer.  This is Chatting.

I love pugs they're so cute 

Personally, I'm not a fan. And due to their brachiocephalic nature, they're also prone to respiratory issues.

What's that saying "It's so ugly it's cute!" that applies I think to pugs.

• jean

they are very cute

No not for me.   I hate the way any brachycephalic breeds have been bred over the years.  

• F

Ugly. I also hate it that they are bred to look like that even though it affects their breathing.

I think they are cute and funny but I would definately not want one as they are overbred and have breathing problems.

• .

I don't find them cute, but that's just my taste. I have a friend who loves them. 

The site is for information seeking, not so much for chat or questions about the respondents. 

I think there should be heavier focus on breeding away from the brachycephalic skull shape due to the problematic health issues and living difficulties these dogs can suffer with. No dog should struggle to breathe or risk passing out just by running about in warm weather for as long as a longer muzzled dog of similar size