Would you support them creating some kind of vaccine to cure people of homosexuality?

I'd prefer they came out with a vaccine to cure people of hatred like yours.

• Dr. D

Well, a vaccine is a highly unlikely candidate to cure homosexuality. However, if homosexuality is found to be caused by a biological defect, and a company discovers a cure for it, then should people be forced to be cured?

The case for forcing a cure upon homosexuals would be based upon the belief that homosexuality is harmful to society. Many years ago social scientists did regard homosexuality as harmful. However modern research has determined that homosexuality brings no threat to society. In fact, many homosexuals have made positive contributions to society, including scientific discoveries, leading major corporations, as well as contributions to the arts.The answer should be, people are entitled to make their own decision without coercion. The reason is, people need to be treated with respect. All people need to be free to pursue happiness, and some people will simply prefer to be homosexual.  

That is impossible troll. Because homosexuality is not an illness. Or something that can be cured.

No i would not, im gay and i like to penetrate and get penetrated i like the pleasure i get from this i'm completely fine with my sexual orientation why would i want to change it

• nappa

There is none. they choose to be that way, they have to change themselves..

absolutely not, people of the lgbtq+ community don't need to be cured, they're not ill or have anything wrong with them, love is love, don't spread hate :)

You can't fix, what isn't broken..............  True............

• Sky

No, because there is nothing to "cure".  Homosexuality is not any kind of affliction and not harmful in any way.  It's just a variation of human sexuality and every bit as normal and natural as heterosexuality.  Sexual orientation is hard wired into the brain and could never be changed with a medication like that. 

I am a gay male who has been aware of his sexual orientation for all his life.

I am now in my retirement years.   I have known lots of people of all kinds,  be it race, sexuality or gender some a short stage of life and some for most of their adult life which includes family members and work mates who I meet when I was a teen.

I can assure you sexuality has no connection to life satisfaction.   As a matter of fact its the other way around with most of my gay friends being content with their circumstances in life where as most (not all) of my bisexual and heterosexual friends have cycled through traumatic relationships today being alone and pissed with life as it did not go how they wanted it to go. 

My point is.  Why would I want to undertake a medical intervention that will delivery to me a life style that for most is nothing but misery.    No thank you very much.

Obviously not.  In fact homosexuality may result from maternal antibodies to androgen receptors crossing the placenta in utero, so homosexuals may in a sense have been vaccinated against heterosexuality already.