What should I do?

I'm a 20 year old female and I live in Mexico. I'm currently writing a novel in English and I'm planning on publishing it after it's finished. My father's friend has been living in America for years and he's the only one I know, who can edit my novel. I'm short of money and he doesn't expect me to pay him for the favour, he's going to do for me. So, it's such a privilege for me to have such a good person to edit my novel. But the problem is that a few parts of my novel are slightly erotic. For example, there's a scene in my novel, where the narrator is describing his first experience of sleeping with a prostitute. Mexicans are pretty conservative people and I'm just wondering what I should do in such a situation. I want to publish my book on Amazon, so that all people around world can read it. Should I just edit it by myself? What would you do if you were in my shoes?

I don't care other readers who don't know me read it

• Judy

Whether your father's friend edits that portion of the book or if you edit that part, it will still be in your novel for all to see after it is published.  So just let your father's friend edit your novel as planned.

It's a novel. It doesn't mean it is based on your life or anything and I am sure he will not think it is. Therefore don't worry.

Oh and good luck with the book.