Christians: What advice and what Scriptures would you give about combating food addiction?

Hi. How are you? I'm a born-again Christian. I buy grape juice because I say I'm going to do communion with it, but I think I may be addicted to it. I say I'm going to save it for communion but I often end up consuming a whole bottle's worth, in a short time after I buy it. I know that's not healthy.

What advice would you give me to combat food addiction and what Scriptures should I use?

I think the easiest thing I can do to make sure I don't consume a whole bottle in a short period of time is to put a bag over it and hide it in my basement and don't open it till I'm ready to do communion.

Please help. Thank you.

Favorite Answer

Fast ***************************

Just do communion at church. That should take care of it.

That's the funny thing about food.  You need it physically to stay alive.  You can't successfully give up the habit without starving to death.  Get competent therapy to feel better about yourself.  Then you won't need to comfort yourself with food, and you won't panic when you finish what you were eating.

Just know all sins are forgiven when you put your faith into Jesus Christ.  If you want help with your food addiction ask and trust the Lord.  He can help you.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Source(s): Bible.

perhaps the juice has a vitamin or mineral that your are deficient in .... i'm thinking vitamin c ..