Is it ok for me to quit / resign during probation?

I applied for two jobs, one for a very big company and the other one for a smaller company. I got a job in the smaller one and been working there for 1 month (probation period is 3 months). The job is quite boring as the company uses outsourcing model - most of the works is done by companies in India and China - my daily tasks are just basically checking their documents and directing workflows. 

Last week, the bigger company finally contacted me and said that they are willing to take me onboard, I had 3 rounds of interview with them and everything went very well. The COO verbally offer me a job and said that they will send through official documents in 3 days. 

Is it normal for me to resign during probation period like this? Especially I've only been working for them for 1 month. 

• Scott

Sure, You can quit at anytime.

No, you face 6 months inprisonment.

It is fine.  People quit jobs every day.  Please do the following:  1) Do not quit until you have a written offer with a stated salary, title, and start day.  A verbal offer isn't worth a dime.  2) Give two weeks notice to your current employer.  If the new company wants you, they can wait two weeks for you.  This is standard profession etiquette.  

• Tavy

You are not a slave, anyone can quit at anytime.

• Duck

The probation period isn't just for them to evaluate you, it's also a period for you to evaluate them.  One thing that I would advise, though, is making sure that you aren't jumping out of something boring into something much worse.