Christians, how can you criticize Catholics for having a Pope when you read from the King James Bible?

What makes his version so special? Why read from a book than has gone through centuries of cancel culture and cultural appropriation? If you really want to understand what the Bible says shouldn't you be reading it in Hebrew or Aramaic as it was originally written? Why trust anything less than that? Why put your faith in anything written by imperfect humans even if was divinely inspired? Can the Bible still be considered the word of God after it's been edited and censored by mankind countless times? You've essentially painted over the Mona Lisa and are trying to convince everyone that this is what Leonardo Di Vince would've wanted. What gives you the right to do this? 

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

King James merely commissioned the KJV. He did not oversee it. 

>>>Christians, how can you criticize Catholics for having a Pope <<<

Pope means head (of the church).

God tells us that he Jesus is head of the church....

Colossians 1:18 KJV — Christ is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Matthew 23:9 KJV — And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

• 2 months ago

The King James Bible is the result of a concerted effort of scholars who did read Hebrew, Aramaic, and/or Greek.  It's not too bad, although it does have its problems.  But going even further upstream, the Hebrew Bible (the Masoretic text) has been altered, too, to suit the Jews.  All we can do is do the best we can with the best we have -- and read The Book of Mormon for confirmation, support, and even explanation of what the Bible teaches.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Jesus Himself appointed the first Pope, promising Him "The Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth", and "Whatsoever you bind upon Earth is bound in Heaven", and "He who hears you hears Me". Full authority over the one Church He founded, to which He promised the fullness of God's truth until the end of time.  Anyone who reads the Bible should realize this.

• 2 months ago

But the Protestants , etc. don't obey King James .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ludwig
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, genius.  The New Testament was not written in 'Hebrew or Aramaic'.  It was written in first century demotic Greek. [edit] - not sure what Jeff is getting worked up about.  But as a collection of documents,  all the NT books, epistles, etc. WERE originally written in Greek.

• Apparently you are a today's Christian or believe what they believe that you get an understanding from "a book" called a "Bible" rather than GOD (I Corinthians 2:10).

Jesus WARNED us in John 5:39 

"Search the scriptures; for in them ye (((THINK))) ye have eternal life: and they are they which [ONLY] testify of Me."

[YOU HEAR THAT JW'S?]

"Until the day in which He was taken up, after that He through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom He had chosen" (Acts 1:2)!

(((FULFILLING))) >>>HIS PROMISES<<< under the New Covenant in which 

GOD SAID

31 "Behold, the days come [aka After the cross], saith the Lord, that I will make a New Covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days [aka After the cross], saith the Lord, (((I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS, AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; AND WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.)))

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me [After Holy Spirit baptism; Acts 1:5;8], from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more" (Jeremiah 31:31-34).

DID YOU HEAR?  

"And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, KNOW THE LORD: [By reading a book called a Bible] for they shall (((ALL))) know Me" 

After Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5; 8) when we "join to His Spirit" (I Corinthians 6:17) and He "gives commandments through the Holy Ghost to those He's Chosen" (Acts 1:2)?

WHAT THE HELL YOU NEED "A BOOK" FOR CALLED "A BIBLE"  

(((AFTER))) YOU >>>"BELIEVE"<<< (John 3:16; 6:47) AND ARE HOLY SPIRIT BAPTIZED (ACTS 1:5;8)?

(((ONLY))) to (((CONFIRM))) >>>THE WORD OF GOD<<< (II Timothy 3:16)

(((AS HE))) He "guides you into all truth" (John 16:13)

FROM (((THE LIES))) THE LYING ROMAN CATHOLIC HAS (((ADDED))) INTO SCRIPTURES!

"GOD HATES TODAY'S CHRISTIANS" (PROVERBS 6:16-19) WHO DON'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT THE NEW COVENANT THAT IS 

(((ALL SPIRITUAL))) WORSHIP AND HAS (((NOTHING))) TO DO WITH 

>>>"A MAN'S HANDS"<<< (ACTS 17:23-25) WATER BAPTIZING EACH OTHER AND SETTING UP TABLES EATHING HIS AND DRINKING HIS BLOOD RATHER  WE

>>>"WORSHIP IN SPIRIT [aka UNSEEN WORSHIP] AND IN TRUTH"<<<

(John 4:23-24)!

Source(s): THUS SAITH THE LORD! "REPENT" FROM YOUR LYING CATHOLIC DOCTRINE! CATHOLIC DOCTRINE! LET MY PEOPLE GO!
  • 2 months ago

The Bible was written in Hebrew, Koine Greek, and Aramaic.  And Catholics ARE Christian.

There are accurate translations of the Bible and there are translations so poor that they're useless.

I recommend the Catholic approved translations.  No matter what you think of Catholics, their scholarship is excellent.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • 2 months ago

It is you demon who tries to separste the RCCs and the balance of Christians.   United we stand. 

• 2 months ago

The sects that worship the KJV also spread the story that God personally oversaw that translation.

• 2 months ago

It's a moot point, since the books contained in the bible were never 'the word of God' in the first place.

I know Christians who have spent their time learning a few words in ancient Hebrew, and it often makes them insufferably condescending (both towards other Christians and non-believers alike).

They believe it imparts them with 'special knowledge' - Jewish people do it too with 'Kaballah' (rearranging letters in words in the Torah to find 'hidden meanings' that don't actually exist).

In some cases, if you are studying the bible (whether for religious reasons, or as a purely academic pursuit), it is good to know what the original wording was - since many Hebrew/Aramaic words don't actually have direct translations in English (or other languages that it has been translated into), requiring translators to 'interpret' the meaning.

There are also multiple words in Hebrew that all get combined into one in English.  For example, they have several words for 'love' that each have different connotations, whereas we use the one word 'love' to describe romantic love, brotherly love, love of a hobby/vocation, divine love, etc.

It can give you a better understanding of what the author(s) intent was, but at no time does it actually lend any credence to the supernatural claims they make, nor does it actually lend the words any kind of magical properties.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.