Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 2 months ago

Renter Next Door?

I own my own home & this renter on the side parks in front of my house at the end of my drive way instead of his own house. The street is empty & quite. He does it on purpose. It is garbage day and now he has parked right next to them. They will not pick them up being that close to a car. He is real hateful. Looks to be in to be in his 20's. I have called the management Co and they said he can park on the street any where. It is his right. What do you do?

Been taking care....City came out and said for me to call him directly and he can give him a ticket.PROBLEM SOLVED BY ME STUPID ME..HA...HA

He was recently Evicted for infringing on my rights..it was in his lease....Problem Solved for good.

Favorite Answer

Learn to adapt and be tolerant or move to a rural area.

• L

Go to your nearest County Court House, Assessors Office and give the street address of the property - they will give you the name and address of the Property Owner and you can write them a letter of complaint.

So he is parked legally on a public street?  Absolutely nothing you can do except talk to him like an adult.   Put your garbage cans out somewhere that isn't right by his car.

TICKETED FOR WHAT?  unless he is blocking your driveway..WHICH YOU DID NOT SAY (end of driveway could be next to)...he should not have been ticketed and it will be thrown out of court.  I had tracked down your identity at one point....if I find it again, i will send adult protective services to help you....and if he was blocking your driveway...and you didn't have the cognitive ability to call PD (non emergency) that indicates you need a caretaker.

you again?   you seriously need help living independently.....and to forget about being a landlord...  move your garbage cans...you don't own the street.  in my area, garbage men take cans that are next to cars..maybe he does it because you act like such an *(*^^.  If he BLOCKS your driveway, call police, non emergency number and he can be ticketed.  if he is not blocking your driveway...put your garbage cans in your driveway (in the middle with a couple feet on each side), that way they won't be too close to any car.

If it's a public street, the street belongs to everyone.

You can ask him to not park in front on trash day.  Or you can move your trash cans if you are afraid they are not going to be picked up. 

You ask the city to put up signs prohibiting parking on garbage days.

You own your home - but not the street outside. Anyone can park anywhere assuming the road is a public road. 

• Maxi

Unless there are parking restriction notices on the street, people can park  anywhere, you do not own the street even in front of your house...... move your bins away from his car then they will collect them

You seem to have ongoing problems with tenants. I think the problem might be in your mirror.

• LILL

Unless you own the street or the car blocks your driveway, you can do nothing.  Not buying your assertion that the garbage will not be picked up.