Yahoo Answers or Quora?

I'm seeking stimulating questions, answers and like-minded individuals to solve global problems somehow. Which platform is better? 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • en lo personal prefiero yahoo, pero todo depende de lo que estés buscando.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Quora is the Best It runs a lot Better Yahoo would not be so Bad if they Maintained the Site Better and Fixed the Bugs 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yahoo Answers I vote for

Lv 7
    2 months ago

Since people's opinions vary, and it costs nothing to use either site, it would make sense to try all the options for yourself and decide which YOU prefer (as your preference will differ from the preference of some other people).

Your question belongs in Entertainment & Music>Polls & Surveys as it's currently in Yahoo Products>Yahoo Answers and not applicable to this subcategory, which is for questions about how YA works and the rules here (and thus decreases your chances of getting many useful answers).

Moving your question can be done by clicking Edit (pencil icon for mobile)>Edit category just beneath your question, then selecting the category that's appropriate for the topic.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Both. 

Yahoo is a great place to find test subjects. 

Quora thrives on sob stories but friendlier.

• 2 months ago

Quora. Yahoo Answers is mostly just for passing time

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Which is better - cheese or chocolate? It really depends on what you're looking for. Obviously the administration and moderation is much better on the Quora site. They don't waste time getting rid of trolls, they don't tolerate abuse, if you post something that's completely incorrect people will definitely take you to task for it there, and there are no points involved, so people don't gain or lose anything by asking or answering questions. Plus, Quora is continually gaining new users while this site has been losing them in droves for some time now. 

But I personally find Quora to be too bland, too matter of fact, too one-dimensional, and too boring. Granted, the quality of the questions and answers there is definitely much higher. In the past six months alone the decline in the quality of the questions being asked has plummeted severely here. We used to get at least half a decent questions per day in most categories, but now it's more like one decent question every few days. It's by far the worst I've ever seen it, and although people have been saying this for a long time, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this site were disappear altogether in the very near future. 

• 2 months ago

Neither. What you describe is discussion. A Yahoo Group or Reddit would be better.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.