Is my boyfriend right in saying I’m trying to control him by asking him to social distance? See comments ?

I told him I’m not comfortable with him playing on his baseball team (they’re all in the dugout together without masks) or going to his parents’ house whose nephew and nephew’s girlfriend live there and go out to bars/don’t wear a mask or social distance. I told him it’s fine if he goes to his parents’ house but I’m only comfortable with seeing him afterward if he quarantines since the people who reside there are not practicing social distancing. Now he’s saying I’m controlling his life and he wonders if I’ll always be controlling in a future with him. I’m just telling him what I’m comfortable with because I live with my parents who are high risk. It’s just so hurtful to be misunderstood by the people closest to you. 

Favorite Answer

Sounds rather a stupid guy doesn't he.  He also sounds rather selfish as he knows you are distancing because of your vulnerable parents.  I'd be inclined to dump him.  Don't see him if he doesn't do as you wish.  He can get as shirty as he likes but he'll be the first to ask for sympathy when one of his family dies because he's brought the virus home to them.  Dump him.

Your boyfriend is some sort of moron, i guess.  We need to accept our partners' wishes.  Meanwhile, if i had a boyfriend whose ball team and friends were always breathing in his face?  I wouldn't get close to him at all, either. No thanks.

No, he's an insecure, defensive a**hole. I hope that helps.

You are doing the right thing. Its not your fault that your BF is not informed. Keep him out of your home, and keep a safe distance from him. If he cant handle that, then thats on him.