What makes a religion bad?

It is usually linked with fanaticism, and fanaticism deeply hinders the advancement of man as any fanatic won't even entertain an idea that is outside their already established belief. (Even if there is substantial or even overwhelming evidence for that new idea)

• Paul

Teaching new traditions of men, rather than God's truth, even when many of these traditions of men are the result of misinterpretations of the Bible, as in Protestantism.

If it teaches us against Jesus Christ or teaches us to remain in our sins, we should think twice about it.

When it tells you you are already SAVED .

Those religions that being created by the human hands are bad, since they are commuting violations and blaspheme to the Holy Law of GOD, who send down HIS only religion to all mankind for all generations till the last hour comes.  

• It makes its heretical belief evil, because it does not put all the word of God into practice, and it is out of doctrine.

Consider that, with the false religion you will meet in hell together, do not forget it, when you are in the other dimension you will see it.

Lack of adherence.  Example, Christians know they shouldn't kill, yet they war.

Boudaries exist for a reason, Petri. Without boundaries there would be chaos, crime and anarchy.

Asep - A religion is bad when it is used to decieve, take advantage of and manipulate others. When religion is used to justify people's own political agendas and used as tool to pesecute and descriminate others.

Justin I never shut my mind to higher learning. I just didn't blindly believe all of the scientific theories that teachers and intellectuals use to discount the bible. I don't put all of my faith in human beings. I don't let the teachers do the thinking for me. Of course I'll write whatever they want me to right in order to get good grades and pass university. That doesn't mean I believe what I'm writing down. I can say evolution is a fact, humans come from apemen etc. 

Interpreting history in the present is not the same as living in the past. Just because the evidence leads us to believe one way until other evidence is found to give us the full picture and entire story doesn't mean we should jump to conclusions.

Scientists need a universal theory or a theory that makes sense. Scientists are not going to accept anything which suggests God is behind everything. Scientists only accept theories that can give them an explanation based on physical evidence and an answer which explains how life exists without God.

That kind of closed minded thinking ignores possibilities outside of the realm of science and nature. As I said scientists are not going to give us a theory that leads towards creationism. They are more or less saying that science and religion cannot mix or find common ground. In scientific circles atheists never suggest that science and religion can harmonize, only theists say that.  Becsuse atheists don't entertain the possibility God exists. So they have to come up with theories such as evolution from single celled orgsnisms to explain earth's diversity of life on earth and justify far fetched mathematic impossibilities to justify their theories.

Albert Einstein said: "Science without faith or religion is lame, religion without science is blind".

Pay attention to the arrogance and pig head justin has! Apparently anyone who isn't an atheist is a "waste of space!".

He says "A certain physics professor who's lectures can be seen on YouTube refuses to allow these people into his lectures because they are literally a waste of space that could be occupied by someone who actually does want to learn.."

Source(s): Orthodox Jew

A religion that teaches violence to spread the faith makes it bad.

It’s followers all religions are unique in their own way, the way people practice these religions is what makes it bad