Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 2 months ago

Can someone in secret sell me their car online with the dmv?

If that happens what can I do to don't get my self in trouble?

Update:

What I mean is that what if someone sells me a car without my permission just by typing my information at the DMV sell format

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Indicate the VIN number from https://vindecoder.expert

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No....the DMV doesn't sell cars.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There is no DMV online "sell" format, and  no one can "secretly" sell you a car without your permission and knowledge.

The seller must present you with a clear Title to the car before he can "sell" you a car, . The Title must show that the seller has "signed off" on the Title and conveyed ownership to you and there are no outstanding liens against the car. You yourself must present that Title to the DMV before you're able to register the car in your name and become the  legal owner of the car. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I have NO idea how anyone would sell YOU a car in secret.

"Sell" involves two people with one understanding - you want to sell, and I want to buy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • May
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You wouldn't get in trouble but the person who uses your name could. 

But.....  A "sale" would require payment to take place. 

No payment = no sale

• 2 months ago

Hey Dufus...just how do you think it's "secret" when you have to send the title in to register the vehicle with in 10 days of purchasing a vehicle?! If you're talking about buying it with out getting a title you're a Moron.

• 2 months ago

Sell the car in secret from who ?  Are you trying to buy a car without your parents' permission ?   

You will get yourself in trouble.

• 2 months ago

i wouldnt do it if youre not supposed to

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.