why cant americans see the postal office isnt ready for nation-wide elections?

it takes more than a year to get ready for a project of that scale,  not 4 months.

its not about a mayor or even a governor,  this is the freakin' president of the united states. "the leader of the free world".     every vote must count.

the system will crash,   how can you not see it ?   even the postal office warns.

its not about trump or biden, or about the democrats or republicans.   its about the integrity of democracy. it must be kept. without it, we are nothing but savages.

Update:

if you must know, i hate guns. only soldiers, police officers and highly trained security guards should get to hold a gun.

but i also believe in democracy and proper elections.

Update 2:

i agree, the post office has a long history of handling mail,  but when you dump MILLIONS of extra load on them at once,  things go real bad.

they already have lots of problems, they constantly implement reforms just so they wont lose mail.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You seem to forget that people will still show up at the polls to vote in person.  I know that I will just like every other election I have voted in since 1978.  Also the USPS had no problem delivering Income Tax Forms for many years or for that matter Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes mailings.

• 2 months ago

The Post Office handles over 470 million letters EVERY SINGLE DAY. We will probably have about 150 million votes cast in the upcoming election. If we have 50 million votes mailed in, then that would be a huge turnout by mail. That's just a bit more than 10% of the Post Office's DAILY VOLUME. If you don't think they have the infrastructure to handle that, then you must have been listening to Hannity, Limbaugh, or some other lying right wing POS conservative republican. 

• 2 months ago

What difference does it make.  15million more  pro DNC ballots than voters will be counted.

• 2 months ago

Something is very nefarious about all this. Are people are left of center comfortable with all of this. If there is fraud on this there is going to be prayer that this will be exposed and it will. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Why do listen to Trump? He is full of chit. Now he supports mail-in voting for Florida, lol. pick and choose 

• John W
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Most states have had mail in voting for years.

• 2 months ago

Perhaps they could cut down on the junk mail, and open up some capability that way. Honestly, I don’t know what you think would happen differently. They bring everyone their mail every day, just like they have for 200 years. They managed the census just fine. 

The post office doesn’t count the votes. They just deliver the ballots to your state capital. 

Mail-in ballots leave a paper trail, which cuts down on fraud. That is why republicans are afraid of it. We all know who’s really been cheating. 

• 2 months ago

All 50 states already offer absentee voting by mail.  This is an example:

https://vote.michigan.gov/AVApplication

The objection is to the Democrats' plan to simply mail countless ballots to everyone for whom they have a name and address without any of the verifications required for a legitimate absentee ballot. DNC operatives will then harvest the ballots in order to steal the election. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Sorry you postal workers have to work over time... again... try not to shoot anybody

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You print a ballot. You mail the ballot. Nothing exotic required. We're ready. And there is nothing holy about elections. We have an electoral college which means you throw away about 8 million votes a year. A Wyoming vote is worth 3 California votes due to the Electoral College. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.