Am I overreacting? what should I do? no judgment please?

I have a boyfriend that I’ve been with for almost 2 years. we have a five-month-old baby. I am strictly breast-feeding & pump. Neither of us work right now. he got in trouble a couple years ago and went to prison for manufacturing. anyway I try to stay clear of anyone who does drugs or has any part in them but I decided to give this man a chance. I keep getting a feeling that he’s hiding something or lying to me.  It could very well just be me being paranoid but I want to share some of the things that he does or has done that made me think this way. Throughout the day he will say he has to go help a friend do something like put a floor down or bring his

friends grandma to the store. He also leaves regularly to play Pokémon. He always says he’s going to leave for  like an hour but it ends up being three hours or more. When he’s gone

he doesn’t answer his phone and his excuse is it was on silent or he didn’t have his phone on him but whenever he’s around me he always has his phone. He brings his phone with him everywhere including the bathroom. I never look through his phone but the other day I decided to take a look because he had left it for five minutes. I saw a message to a buddy of his asking him if he wanted to get high and his buddy replied with no sorry got the kids today. He told me that it was about pot. Every time I ask him a question like where he’s going or what he’s doing he gets defensive. I love him but I don’t wanna be lied to. What do you think?Overreacting?

If you can't tell if someone is high, then i feel for you