Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

I'm scared to tell people how I met my wife I met her off an app?

It's an app called whisper. We talked for 3 years and than met up and we hit it off quite easily. I fell in love with her and shes the most amazing woman ever. Shes the love of my life and shes my encouragement to everything I've ever done. We have a 5 month old child together now and she hasn't changed. Shes a very sweet and wonderful woman. She gets bothered when I lie and tell people that I met her during work when we use to work together. She stuck with the story but she hates it and keeps telling me to stop lying. She asks why I'm embarrassed but I dont know how to respond. I'm scared people will make fun of me because I'm not the best looking guy and they will laugh because I had to go online to find my wife. To be honest, I wasn't even looking when I found her.  She just appeared and made me happy. I feel bad that I'm hurting her but I'm so scared.

Its 2020, people meet spouses on apps all the time. It's no big deal.

No one can tell u what to do, but hearing your story, I wouldn't laugh at you.  At least you made a commitment and married her.  I have heard of so many girls who felt trashed bc they met guys on line, slept with them in vans and motels shortly afterwards and then were dumped.  Or the guys were fine sleeping with them but wouldn't commit to a real long term relationship.  Maybe you should just be honest with your wife and tell her what you've told us.  At least the 2 of you could have a heart to heart talk and come up with an answer together.  You can emphasize to her that she's the most amazing woman ever.  Your words (not mine).

• Ocimom

Hubby and I met on the internet in a divorce chat room.  We have been married for 18 yrs now and have told many people how we met.  People meet in all kinds of ways.  Don't be scared to share your story.

Who doesn't meet online these days? You are not obligated to answer the question. Nevertheless, perhaps you can find a response you're both comfortable with, such as, we were friends for a few years, then decided to date.

How you met is really no else's business, if people are curious to know though just tell them the truth. I know it will be hard, but how you met her doesn't matter it was fate. Lots of people have met their soulmates on dating apps. Being on a dating app has nothing to do with attractiveness. There are plenty of attractive people on dating apps. Also not everyone has luck on those apps so the fact that you were able to find someone makes you super lucky. You're truly blessed, embrace your journey.

• zvo

Who cares?? You love each other and you worry about people who don't know either of you as well as you know each other???  Just get on with life, get your attention away from your navel.

This is where you need to realize you have some work to do on yourself.  If you feel you do not want to share this, it is because somewhere in your past you got an idea that meeting on an app was less than desirable.   

Millions of people meet online.  I don't know the particular app that you are talking about but it doesn't really matter.  

It sounds like you have some type of fear that people will look down on you or her or your relationship because of how it started.  

And lying is never a really great idea.  

It sounds like you had a long time to get to know each other online which is much better than most people do when they meet at work or in a bar.  

You may want to see how you can refrain the story in your own mind so you feel good about it. 

I think you should tell your wife exactly how you feel and what you’re scared of. I honestly don’t think it matters if you tell people that, but she may not understand it

you dont have to tell them, its not their business

I met her on an app too and it is my understanding I was not alone, you might want to look into that.