Goerge
Goerge asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

What are 2 of the saddest movies you've watched?

Foreign or domestic.  

Obscure or popular.

Going animated huh? Bambi is pretty tragic. Grave of the Fireflies is one my my favorite sad movies but I can't watch it again. It basically tells the story of the Kobe, Japan bombing through the eyes of two Japanese children. 

Her exit was COMPLETELY unexpected but they built a bridge and a lot more than that. Even the school bully had a change of heart or simply needed to be understood instead of lashing out before people could befriend her. 

Thanks for all the answers. I was expecting to have seen most of the suggestions but I've barely seen half. Truly have been helpful today and for that, thank you. 

City of Life and Death is something I haven't seen or heard of and it looks very good. I'll be watching it soon! Thanks again. 

Dedication is one thing but Hachi depressed me more than it entertained. 

@conley39 Agreed.

Favorite Answer

Shenandoah (1965)

Where the Red Fern Grows (1974)

edit: Your update reminded me of another one, City of Life and Death, the story of the 1937 Nanking Massacre.

Schindlers List and Philadelphia

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

The Lovely Bones

Hope (Lee Jun-ik) & Hotaru no haka (animation by Isao Takahata)

Grave Of The Fireflies and Hachi: A Dog's Tale

Bridge to Terabithia

Lake Mungo

Imitation of Life 1959

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn 1945

Schindler's List (1993)

Utterly depressing.  One if the best movies ever made but man is it hard to get through.

Threads (1984)

TV movie about a nuclear attack on Britain. Nothing but devastation, suffering, and despair from start to finish.  This is a movie I'm not sure I can watch again.   

• Brian

1) The Wizard of Oz.  Dorothy was s Murderer and a Theif.  Not only did she kill the Witch of the East and Stole her shoes; she also killed the Witch of the West who was only trying to get back her dead sister shoes Dorothy stole from her.     

2) Bambi,  If you seen the movie, you will know why.

Testament, in which San Francisco is hit with a nuclear warheard and the family of a man who died, living in a commuter town somewhat protected by geography, just wait for the radiation to reach them. Good times.

That's by far the saddest, but second saddest isn't easy. Contenders include:

Fruitvale Station

Life is Beautiful

Brokeback Mountain

Sophie's Choice

American History X

Days of Heaven