Why does insulin insensitivity increase fat storage? ?

l understand that insulin insensitivity increases weight gain through fat storage because the insulin ineffectively shuttling in the glucose into muscles etc. so excess glucose is in the blood, causing havoc. but how does this excess glucose get turned into fat inside the cells if glucose cant get in? hope this is clear. thanks

I have already responded to this question, my friend.  Here's what I said:

"Presumably, my friend, you're referring to type 2 diabetes seeing as you mention insulin insensitivity.The thing with type 2 diabetes is that BECAUSE their body's cells are insensitive to insulin, the pancreas 'overproduces' insulin in order for the glucose in the bloodstream to be 'transported' into the body's cells.  The glucose that isn't readily used by the muscles gets stored as fat.In type 1 diabetes, where insulin production is nil or in very tiny amounts, you tend to get weight loss.  This is due to improper fat metabolism. i.e. the body is breaking down fat and muscle tissues in order to use them as a source of 'fuel'.  The normal 'fuel' for metabolism is glucose, which we get from the breakdown of carbohydrates during the digestive process.With type 2 diabetes, there will come a time when the pancreas is incapable of providing as much insulin so doctors will generally start prescribing medications, some of which will stimulate the beta cells (islets of Langerhans) of the pancreas to produce more insulin (these are called sulphonylureas, or sulfonylureas if you happen to be one of my American cousins), and/or others that work in different ways in order for the liver to not produce glucose by a process called glycogenolysis (these are called biguanides, which also inhibit absorption of glucose through the walls of the intestines during digestion).  This is where it breaks down glycogen, which is stored mainly in the liver, and converts it back into glucose.  There are other methods used also, such as alpha-glucosidase inhibitors, which inhibit the breakdown of starches and sugars, so blood glucose (sugar) levels don't rise so quickly.You might find the following link, with regards to the types of medications used in order to control diabetes helpful."