If I go to Baghdad, Iraq, what are the odds something bad would happen to me?

***I do not plan on going there*** 

but was just curious. I’m a white young male. Let’s say I just walk around as much as possible in the city. Would it be more likely something bad were to happen there, or would it be the greater area in the middle of the deserts?

• Mintee

white has nothing to do with anything.. surely you are educated enough to know that race means nothing in the arab world.. there are snow white arabs, blonde hair, blue eyes, etc... and all the races up through black african looking.. being arab is a classification of language and culture, not race... so to answer you.. if you didnt speak, no one would know that you are not an Iraqi... only until you show your own cultural doings there... ... and its not desert like in the middle of Sahara desert.. There are cities, nice cities with Modern buildings, shops, malls, homes with trees and gardens..... (I live in Saudiarabia) 

Kidnapped and beheaded.  Maybe kidnapped and burned alive, or kidnapped and locked in a cage to be drowned.