Friend asked me a third time to attend his wedding?

So, I was invited by my friend for his wedding which is this Friday back in June. I kindly declined saying that I would be busy since I go to med school. He asked me later about 2 weeks ago and I said no again and also said that I'm not attending any social/nonessential events during the pandemic. He messaged me a third time today basically pleading with me to come. I mean what should i even say know, I don't want to be rude, but it almost seems ridiculous at this point. Should i not even respond so he gets the point? Or what should I say now?

• Tj
    Favorite Answer

You have already told him no, that needs to be enough. He is trying to wear you down. Do NOT fall for his pressure on you. Your future is a heck a lot more important than a friends wedding, he is being a child. Ignore him or you can sent him a pissed off reply, and tell him that for the 3rd time NO...then block him. Do not allow him to keep at it. Do not feel bad, he is a idiot. Im willing to bet you are not even close friends. Peer pressure should never work, but too many do what they really do not want to do, dont be one of them. Your education and future needs to be your main concern.

Blow him off!!!

• Linda

If you've told him no twice, what makes you think he'll accept no this time? You should say nothing at all. Three times is a lot to ask someone to a wedding and it seems to me he felt real nervous about saying his vows and needed your support but I can understand your reasons for not going. 

He obviously really wants you there. If this is a friendship that you care about, tell him that you do wish you could attend, but circumstances have not changed for you and you have no reason to believe that they will by Friday. Tell him also that you wish him well and that you hope to see him and the new wife when you are on a break from school, but that you are really going to have to stop responding after this request. I would definitely not expect him to ever come to your wedding though.