Stareyes asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

How do we resolve the food issue?

I am not a good cook and my 28 year old daughter lives with me.  I also do not grocery shop very well. 

Each and every day, food is an issue in the house. 

I tell her that she can eat out. 

She does not want to.

And, so has to cook for herself. 

I feel like a terrible mother and person. 

These arguments lead to verbal and physical fights,

maybe she should do the cooking then

I am calling troll and "anything for attention."

You can't seem to tell the same story twice in a row:  "I did not help her with the groceries as I left for a walk.   She was sobbing on her knees."  Really?

Your entire relationship is very dysfunctional OR you are a troll.  Same questions, same situations, same problems.

If you are NOT seeing a mental health therapist/Physician, you should be seeing one.

So the next time she assaults you (your word), call the Police.  Nothing changes no matter how often you post.  For example, "She beat me up last Wednesday. I was bleeding from my chin because she pushed me and I fell on the garage floor.   She kept threatening me about getting a massive beating if we did not pick up lunch at the airport.  We did and she was dropped off in time."

Call the Police, a social worker or both. 

• Linda

Stareyes, I remember you from a few months ago and I'm always saddened when someone asks a question and after trying to help them, I see them again asking the very same question. I advised you to set boundaries with your daughter or this would continue and if you couldn't do it on your own, to seek counseling or a support group to help you find the strength to do what you must do. You obviously didn't do it and so you're here again asking this in hopes someone can provide a miracle to make this all go away. The truth is they cannot. You must perform the work yourself by being firm and taking charge and the mentality of a victim needs to be changed. Change your thinking and the behavior will change which will change your circumstances! Please get help asap.

• Thorn

make simple, healthy meals.

A $1.49 bag of lentils  makes 6-7 bowls of soup. Add spinach, carrots, celery, pinto beans, potato, salt, pepper, bay leaves.  I eat it every day.  I was spending $70 a month on canned soup.

Vegetable stir fry on rice or noodles for dinner. 

You don't go into detail about what you fight about. 

If you're feeling stressed sit down and talk about it before you get angry.

Just tell her to buy and cook her own food and you will look after yourself.