Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

Obstacle Course while pregnant?  ?

Every year my company has us do an obstacle course as a team-building exercise. In years past I have participated and place fairly high. however this year I am going to be 31 weeks pregnant. I talked to the people that do run the course and they said it's fine for me to do it and if the is a section I don't feel comfortable doing I can skip it and they will use an average as my time for that section. I have also talked to my doctor and he said I should have no problem doing it as long as I take precautions. I'm still a bit nervous though is there something I need to be on the lookout for?  

Due to the weather it had to get pushed back till next week. 

Also please don't tell me you wouldn't do it. I'm obviously not you and am planning to run the course next week. I just want to make sure their was nothing that I'm missing safety wise. 

Today we were able to do the race I finished in 38:44 which was quite a bit worse than last years 22:18 but being 32 weeks pregnant I'm not surprised. I'm not gonna say how badly I placed but I'm proud to say I ddient come in dead last. 

• Edna
    Favorite Answer

I don't think whether it's "safe" or if it isn't safe to run an obstacle course when you're 31 weeks pregnant is the point. 

If you're going to be 31 weeks pregnant when you want to run the obstacle course, you're almost 8 months pregnant. It's going to be pretty hard physically for you to be able to run an obstacle course when you're that far along.

I did a Spartan obstical course when I was 35 weeks pregnant I was unable to carry the cannon ball (understandable) but I did everything else. As long as you watch your footing you should be fine.  

• LizB

I wouldn't, especially not anything involving balance or climbing. Too much of a fall risk. 

At 31 weeks pregnant, it is not safe to run an obstacle course.  You will not be properly balanced and any fall could injure both you and baby.  It is not worth that risk.  I hardly believe that any OB would approve of this activity considering that it involves a lot of heavy physical activities.  

• Jen

If I were you, I wouldn't do it just to be on the safe side.

• Rick

WHY take the chance ????   ......................