Kartika asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

Can you feel without touching if your cervix lowers after ovulation?

I've read women can even check it with their fingers. In fertile days, the cervix is high up, cannot be touched (with fingers), and soft. Once fertile days are over, it will lower itself into the vagina and as hard as the tip of your nose.

I don't want to check it with my fingers, but I wonder if one can physically feel the cervix being low inside the vagina. Does it feel different at all? I wonder because I felt as if something is being lower inside my vagina after fertile days are over (i.e. in the luteal phase), but perhaps it's only a phantom feeling after I read the above information?

Thanks.

P.S. I'm TTC so if I can feel the cervix is lower, it means that my cycle doesn't result in pregnancy, as the cervix should stay high up if one's pregnant.

• MissA
    Favorite Answer

No, you can't without reaching up there.  The inside of the vagina isn't all that sensitive.

• Jill

Oh please! There's no need to be feeling your cervix.  If you're TTC then just have frequent (every other day or more) sex whenever you don't have your period and test for pregnancy if you think your period is late. If after a year of this nothing happens then you should BOTH have your fertility tested and go from there.  

• God

Never heard that one before.