Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

Possibly pregnant?

So I stopped taking my birth control and there was a 2 day window where I hadn’t started my period . I had one but had unprotected sex 2 days prior . Could I have gotten pregnant even tho I had a period ? I stopped the 17th started my period the 19th . Is it possible ? I’m getting so many mixed answers and idk what to believe . 

At 21 days after sex - a pregnancy test is accurate.

If you actually had a period then pregnancy is not possible.  If the bleeding was not an actual period, then anything could happen but it is not likely that you immediately ovulated after stopping birth control.

When stopping birth control, your ovulation and periods might be a little irregular for a couple of cycles.  You can always take a pregnancy test any time  you are concerned, but it takes anything from 14 to 21 days after sex to get a positive test, so if you are still sexually active, it might just be better to test once per week until you either get a period or a positive test.  

• Jill

Period = not pregnant. 

i am just going to say that it isn’t likely. you stopped your birth control recently, so that is going to definitely throw off your period. if you had unprotected sex two days before your period, your egg is likely dead already. however there is still a small chance you are pregnant. before being concerned, i would wait 8 days to get your period. if you still haven’t gotten it by then, start taking pregnancy tests. ❤️