Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesVolkswagen · 4 months ago

Best reliable vintage van?

1.) I really want a cool vintage van that looks similar to the VW bus, but I can’t seem to find any. What van looks the most similar to a VW bus that’s known to run well & be reliable? I want a vintage looking one, and I want to convert the inside, but I don’t want a huge van since I’m small. 

2.) are any VW vans / buses reliable or good cars? I love them so much and my dream would be to own one of them, but I feel like I’ve always heard about them not being the best...? Is that true? Or are they good cars?

Best and reliable and vintage. 

Anything else?  Low cost too?? 

If you want a VW microbus, just look online.  Get one from a desert state or California.  It will have a good body.  Pay the asking price and you'll have it. 

There were other mid 1960s small vans as well. 

Or just find a newer Astro van. 

It's plenty small. 

You can't find any because they are collector items or are chicken coops.  Check on farms...and ask the farmer.  It is a dry metal box, perfect for housing his chickens.  Or a Tradesman may be using it as his locking storage shed.

You got to flucking TRY.

I drove past one that possibly is for sale.  Air cooled motor.  They are not race cars, however they will get you to where you want to go.  Most time that is off road fishing lakes.

There are no "reliable" vintage vans.  They will require fixing every week.

You don't want a huge van because you're small? I think you're supposed to be smaller than your van. Anyway, yes ...that's my answer to all of your questions. You asked too many, you know.