Michal asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

Found a bunny that hasn’t moved in hours but is breathing, not sure if I should take him in or leave him.?

I found a bunny out in the wild, he has been sitting in the same spot for well over 8 hours when I came up to him he didn’t away and just stayed still hugging the ground with his ears tucked he didn’t even move when I was right over him, I went to check on him a few times still sitting there breathing, at that point i figured I might take him in as he hasn’t moved and shelter him from a coming storm. When I put him in a container a bunch of flies came out of his fur, I’m not sure what’s wrong with him but later he tried to escape so I let him out again. But after checking where I released him he was still there. Not sure what to do please send suggests. He isn’t fully grow just yet either. Would upload a picture but keep getting errors.

How about calling a wildlife rehabilitation center.  They might come out if the animal is contained or as you'd said hasn't really moved.

• Rick

Leave him, his Mamma is probably close ...............