I believe that the terms "spirituality" and "religiosity" are the same thing. Do you have objections ?

Christians and some other believers want to distance themselves from the word "religion". They attribute the meaning tho the word which they made themselves.

Here's how they changed the meaning: "spiritually dead tradition which doesn't have with God anything common". Thus, they call "religious" everyone who practices any kind of spirituality except themselves.

In reality, all spiritual practices and beliefs are religion since you can't prove it's truthfulness. I mean, of course, there going to be a lot of stories is of miracles and healings. But, the same thing you will find around your competitors.

Only religious science discuss on the topic of soul and spirit, since religion wanted mankind to become complete human being having their spiritual level above the angels.

No objection.

But I disagree.

Christians call spirituality "from the devil", and curse it.

Religion is a way of life.

Spirituality is the act of letting ourselves be led by the spirit of God that leads us to do good, verses being led by our physical passions. A spiritual person does the right thing in spite of how he feels, thus he follows his God given conscience or "the true light that lighteth every man who comes into the world (John 1:9).

• Mike

You can believe anything you like.

Religion means the belief in and worship of a god or gods.

Spirituality means being concerned with the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things.

The 2 words obviously are not the same thing.

Someone can be spiritual but not religious, someone can be religious and not spiriual.

Religion is not about proving truthfulness, its about belief.

Nope.  Believe what you want.

Yes.  There are many religions today based on past traditions of the church or synagogue, but in the many was God and He is as He said, "I am that I am."  Man made up the many false religions to please themselves.

My spirituality is based on the Holy Spirit dwelling in me.  My spirit accepts the Holy Spirit controlling it, because I wish to please God.  I wish to know about Jesus and I want my soul purified and refined so I can meet Jesus.  I had to accept Jesus who gives me the Holy Spirit so I could receive the Holy Spirit.  The Holy Spirit is God dwelling in me.  Praise His Holy Name, Jesus.

Jesus was God with me, because by faith I believe  and the Holy Spirit is God in me, given to me because I believe.

I've heard it defined as religion being man's attempt to reach God, and spirituality as God's attempt to reach man.

I have no problem with religion as it has many positive traditions, usually family centered.

• Jake

Jesus exists and is God.  Catholicism is the One True Faith.  A person can know these and numerous other truths by reciting the rosary every day with care and sincerity.

That's incorrect.  They're not the same thing.  Consult a dictionary.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian