Mary asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

Is it possible for a woman in her early 40s to give birth to twins v-bac?

I recently found out that I'm having twins and this is my fifth pregnancy. I have delivered my older children v-bac and would like to avoid to have a c-section if possible. Is there anyway that it is possible to do so?

4 Answers

  • LizB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Possible, yes. Whether it's medically advisable or not, you'd have to ask your OB or MFM.

  • 2 months ago

    That's a decision you make with your ob/gyn.  Is it possible for someone? Sure!  Is it the best option for you? Only your doctor knows based on your body and the size and position of the twins at birth.  

  • 2 months ago

    Your doctor will have the best information for you.

    Giving birth vaginally to twins is not uncommon, but he or she will best know your situation and health history.

    Congratulations. : )

  • Kelley
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

    Please speak to a Pernatologist.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.