Trying to figure out title transfers?

I purchased a camper trailer a few months back. I have yet to transfer the title over into my name. I bought the camper to live in, which I have for the past couple months. But I just got a house oh, and I want to sell the camper. I have the title from the original owner, the contract that we signed together. Do I need to transfer the title over into my name so the new buyer can transfer it into theirs? Or can I just have them transfer the title into their name?

Per law, you do not legally do not own that trailer.  Whoever's name is on the title is the actual owner.  Right now the contract you signed is not worth the paper it is written on.  I am sure your state has a certain amount of time from purchasing a titled vehicle to getting the vehicle in your name.  You need to get the title in your name asap because it could all come back and bit you in the backside. 

• May

You MUST get a title for the camper in your name before you can legally sell it to anyone.  In state, out of state; makes no difference

As it is not yours legally, you have no right to sell what obviously still belongs to the original owner.  The government have got their sticky fingers in there trying to collect tax money where they can.(even if it is only a couple of bucks)  You are not suppose to title jump.

You need a title in your name.

Yes, you must process the title in your name before you can sell the camper. Only a dealer can reassign a title and you're not a licensed dealer. 

• Ron

It clearly states on the title that was signed over to you how long you had to register it in your name. Unless you can convince another moron to pay the late fees associated with that screw up, you'll have to do it first