Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 2 months ago

Is real estate a good profession to get into?

I want to work hard and want to enjoy helping others make an important decision. I know real estate is based on commission, I am wondering is being  a real estate agent a good profession to get into? If you are willing to put the work in? TiA

2 Answers

  • dog ma
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Unless you are extremely motivated, can manage your own business and time, deal calmly with clients during stressful times of their lives, and can handle very erratic income, then no. Very few people succeed for any length of time at real estate sales, and there are frankly way too many real estate agents in most areas. People think it looks easy and that we make tons of money, but the truth is so, so different.

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    It's a great profession for about 10% of agents.  The other 90%...not so much.

    By the way, it's a trade, not a profession.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.