Peter asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

Refrigerated eggs left out over night ?

I’m in the Uk 

I keep my eggs in fridge I used some for cooking and left the rest out overnight would they still be safe to use or should I throw them away 

Favorite Answer

You can always tell very quickly if eggs are bad. Just put them in a container of water, enough to cover the entire egg. If it floats, it's bad. If it sinks, it's still good, and you can simply put them back in the fridge. 

Eggs should NOT be put in fridge at all!

People for thousands of years have safely keep eggs in areas of romm tempreture with out any problems.

When kept in a fridge they can absorb any smells from other items kept in said fridge.

Just remember that the eggs sit in a nest, under a chicken for up to a day.  They will be fine but may have evaporated some of the liquid inside.

Eggs left out overnight should be just fine. Just put them back in the fridge.

• Tavy

Of course they are fine. They are not kept in fridges in the supermarket or catering kitchens.

The should be fine.  BUT if any are cracked use them right away. 

In many parts of the world eggs are kept at room temperature but other areas "wash" the eggs by doing so they remove a protective layer so the eggs should be refrigerated.  

A general "rule of thumb" if an item is refrigerated in the store it should be refrigerated when you get it home.

You ARE joking... aren't you?

• kswck2

Were you in the US i would say no. But the Americans wash off the natural protective coating, not so in the UK. 

They're fine.  Use them.

Hens don't lay eggs in a refrigerator. 

• Dze

theyll be fine if you directly use them .. i wouldnt cool them off again and try to use them at a later date ...