I am an American with disabilities I have PTSD he has asthma sleep apnea amongst can I sue a business for trying to make me wear a mask?

I go into a store and there's a security Personnel trying to tell me I have to wear a mask in their store I've had other stores that don't give me a hard time but I want to know if I can sue the store for my civil rights and for my Ada rights

• If you have sleep apnea and asthma than you should be wearing a mask. I like wearing one with having asthma especially when people wear so much perfume or cologne at the store and I get an asthma attack from it.

That means if you have sleep apnea like me you use a machine at night so you 

don't stop breathing in your sleep. 

none of those are valid excuses not to wear a mask...unless you are sleeping in the store.

There are very few people that have a legit reason not to wear a mask.  For those like me that can only tolerate it a short time, we need to run our errands and go outside/home/to our cars to take the mask off.

Since you're not allowed to sleep in the business, having sleep apnea isn't relevant and wouldn't be a reason not to wear a mask in the business.

• J M

No. Asking  you to wear a mask does not violate any of your rights. Many healthcare workers have asthma and they wear masks all day. 

Quit whining and wear a mask. 

• xyzzy

The ADA prohibits discrimination based on ones disabilities. If only persons with PTSD were required to ware a mask then you may have a case. If you and everyone else is required to ware a mask there is no discrimination. Nor is there a civil right to not ware a mask.

Unless you are sleeping in the business/store, how is sleep apnea involved?

Yes, sue the store for your civil rights.  You'll lose, but it will mean you're too busy to post this over and over and over again.

Sigh - I have health problems.  I have a Physician's note that I have difficulty breathing through a mask.  I wear a light gauze mask.  Apparently I'm not as confrontational as you are AND I don't want to spread Covid.

Just out of curiosity after reading this over and over, what caused the PTSD?

Probably not successfully, no.  Your PTSD should not prevent you from wearing a mask.  Sleep apnea is not relevant, nor really is asthma.  

I hope that no judge would accept such a case.

1. A business can refuse to provide service to someone for any reason they want.    Wal*Mart, for example, is not required by law to sell you something.  Therefore a store can ask you to leave if you don't follow their policy by wearing a mask.  Nothing you can do about it legally.  

2. Legal actions such as this are one of the reasons America is so f'd up today.  Why does everyone think that lawsuits are the answer anytime things don't go their way?  How were you injured by being asked to wear a mask?  

3.  Most businesses have gone out of their way to provide alternative methods, such as curbside delivery, so that customers don't have to go into their stores.  Why don't you try using an alternative delivery method instead of making a scene?

4.  Employees are doing what their management is telling them to do.  Some employees take the mask thing very seriously, others not so much.  

5. You should get a waiver from your doctor that say's you shouldn't wear a mask for medical reasons.  Then nobody can make you wear a mask, just be prepared that you may be shamed by other customers in a store.

The store is entitled not to admit you, just as you are entitled not to go there if you don't like it.

No, it's the same as no shirt, no shoes, no service!