Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 2 months ago

Moving from NY to VA?

Is it worth it to move from New York to Virginia (Loudoun County) for job offer? I like the atmosphere of VA more than the loud/busy NY. And I have been hearing back more from jobs I applied to in VA more than the ones in NY. I have been trying to quit my current job and have always wanted to get out of NY if I can. My only biggest setback is my mom is against this and gets really upset every time I bring it up. She said is selfish to move far away from the family, even though she did that herself (she moved across country). 

I HEAR U....I H8 BIG CITIES...YES I THINK U WILL ENJOY VIRGINIA MUCH MORE THAN NYC....

• drip

You are old enough to have a job and support yourself, move to the job and area you want.

Do you plan on living by your mom for the rest your life? Only stay if you love where you live and want to be by family.

Your mom is giving you a guilt trip. Moving doesn’t mean you are selfish.  

Take the job in VA if that is truly what you want. Mom will kick up a dust, but will adjust with time.

I would just interview without tell her much. Once you have accepted a a job and have a place to live start packing and then let family know. 

I am so excited for this new job and a new chapter in my life. I help you all  can  Wish me well.

Get her an iPad and show her how you can FaceTime together to keep in touch.