Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Why does my family hate me after my newborn and I were attacked by my mom?

Long story short I was attacked by my mom and her boyfriend the day I came home with my newborn, I was beaten and pepper sprayed in front of my 4 yr old while holding my newborn and my son and I had to be hospitalized. My son’s arm was broken during the attack and it left me needing my whole top row of teeth replaced. I let them live with me because they were on tough times but when I got home I discovered them shooting up drugs while my daughter was in the next room the attack happened when I confronted them and told them to leave. They are currently in jail and the whole family hates me because I won’t drop the charges. I don’t get how I’m to blame right now children were put in life threatening danger and so was I. I have explained even if I no longer wanted to pursue charges which I certainly am a newborn was injured and the DA has told me quote “I will not stop until they are underneath the jail” The fact that she’s my mother is no longer relevant she is my and my son’s attacker. The sad part is that they fully believe my account of what happened but still believe since she’s my mom I shouldn’t let her go to prison

• J M

Your mom deserves to be in prison. 

YOU can't drop the charges.  Only the District Attorney can drop the charges.  That part is simple.  Can you refuse to testify (you're a witness)?  Yes.  Can you be jailed for refusing to testify?  Yes.

Do you really care that much about what family thinks after your son's arm was broken?

Probably because they are stupid.  I wouldn't drop them either.  

• Foofa

Apparently your family are trash. Sorry. 

Your son's arm was "broken during the attack" and you need your "whole top row of teeth replaced."  Interesting.

Nice story, unbelievable  but nice.

And you didn't ask a question