Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Why does my family hate me after my newborn and I were attacked by my mom?

Long story short I was attacked by my mom and her boyfriend the day I came home with my newborn, I was beaten and pepper sprayed in front of my 4 yr old while holding my newborn and my son and I had to be hospitalized. My son’s arm was broken during the attack and it left me needing my whole top row of teeth replaced. I let them live with me because they were on tough times but when I got home I discovered them shooting up drugs while my daughter was in the next room the attack happened when I confronted them and told them to leave. They are currently in jail and the whole family hates me because I won’t drop the charges. I don’t get how I’m to blame right now children were put in life threatening danger and so was I. I have explained even if I no longer wanted to pursue charges which I certainly am a newborn was injured and the DA has told me quote “I will not stop until they are underneath the jail” The fact that she’s my mother is no longer relevant she is my and my son’s attacker. The sad part is that they fully believe my account of what happened but still believe since she’s my mom I shouldn’t let her go to prison

6 Answers

Relevance
  • J M
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Your mom deserves to be in prison. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

YOU can't drop the charges.  Only the District Attorney can drop the charges.  That part is simple.  Can you refuse to testify (you're a witness)?  Yes.  Can you be jailed for refusing to testify?  Yes.

Do you really care that much about what family thinks after your son's arm was broken?

• 2 months ago

Probably because they are stupid.  I wouldn't drop them either.  

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Apparently your family are trash. Sorry. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Your son's arm was "broken during the attack" and you need your "whole top row of teeth replaced."  Interesting.

• 2 months ago

Nice story, unbelievable  but nice.

And you didn't ask a question

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.