Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

Is the professor necessary for writing an article?

I am a medical student can I write an article for journals without any professor as single author?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Having someone with established credentials helps a LOT in getting published, particularly if they have previous publication credits.  Your article would have to be pretty stellar and compelling to get published in most of the reputable journals.  However, you can do it.  It is not necessary, but it will make it easier to have a PhD helping to move it along.

Some of my BA students have been published without a professor.  Others that should have been published have not.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If the contain is easy and wekk known i think you can .

• 2 months ago

Typically, students have no real credibility with professional journals. Do you have foundation funding for independent research? Your funding may have required supervision by a professor or established professional in the field. Although you are a student, do you have specialized expertise which is recognized by other professionals in the field? Have you asked professors you know to look at the draft of your article & give their evaluation of your work & prospects for peer review with an appropriate professional journal?

• Lili
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Whether you can get it published would likely depend on the subject and the circumstances that led you to write the article.  I suggest that you consult one of your professors about this.

Most medical journal articles concern medical research, not front-line experiences in, say, a hospital or clinic.  The research is usually conducted under the aegis of a professor and/or lab director.  However, there might be some journals that would be interested in the types of experiences a med student might have.  That's why you need to consult a professor about whether there's a journal that might be interested in your topic. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

For writing it, no. Getting it published in a respected journal is another story. 

• 2 months ago

can you?  yes.  will it be accepted for publication?  we have no idea -- and it has happened in the past

• Squid
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Sure.  You can write anything you want and submit it to any and all journals for publication.  And they can choose to publish it or not.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.