How do I find replacement shower door "liner" (and what is this officially called?

I'm trying to fix up my shower, and when I took my shower doors down I noticed the liner (between the shower door internal frame and the glass) needed to be replaced.  Not only is it falling out, but portions of it are growing mold.  I'm having a hard time figuring out what to buy as I don't know the time of the material and the similar items I'm seeing look a bit different.

The liner in question for me appears to be some kind of clear flexible silicon  and has an inset to fit around the glass. It goes all around the shower door (not just the bottom)

3 Answers

  • 3 months ago

    this is the seal and an exact replacement probably comes only from the maker.  which, of course, you don't know.  replacement -- use kitchen and bathroom rated caulking.  -- grampa

  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

    You are likely talking about the caulk or the sealant.  All you need is a gun and tubes of silicone sealant.

  • 3 months ago

    I think you might be talking about silicone sealer, you apply it from a tube using a special "gun" there are several you tube videos on how to do it. You will need to make sure you have got all the old stuff off first.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.