Liberals and China says Trump should not ban TikTok. Do you agree?

Here is China's official press release :

"An all-out ban or a forced spin-off on rapidly rising short-form video app Tik Tok's US operations are nothing but a short-sighted political crackdown that will dent businesses' faith in the US market, said Chinese experts."http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1196341.shtml

Favorite Answer

Assuming your question is based on truth, my knee-jerk reaction would be to ban Tik Tok. if both China and liberals are for it then it can be no good!

These days, everything comes with a security loophole. Even Intel CPUs can come with security problems. China used to make motherboards for SuperMicro that had extra components on board to build in a back door.

Also, you should mistrust any tech that is "free". If you pay nothing for it then you are the product. They are just using it to collect your information which they can then either use or sell or both.

Google collects all your searches and all the subsequent clicks. Facebook and Twitter know more about you than you do yourself. Your mobile phone reports on where you are. TVs, and phones have cameras and microphones that you cannot be sure are ever switched off - even if the device is off.

Devices like Siri and Alexa constantly listen in to your conversations, your arguments, your TV programs and any sexual action in the living room! (While the TV films it, of course.) I even saw a device that was a door-cam that linked to Siri so they know who comes to your door, when, and what you say to them.

I also heard that many telephone exchanges in the US were installed by Israeli companies. So Mossad will have all your phone line traffic as well: calls, Internet browsing, email etc.

I could care \less what liberals and China says, ban Tik Tok.

I actually do think that they should ban TikTok.

It's malware disguised as social media. 

It has a built in keylogger that not only logs what you do in the app but logs everything you do on the device you use the app with. 

The developers said that was a glitch and they've fixed it. 

But they lied and its still there. 

Total invasion of privacy and they don't deserve to be in the marketplace. 

Yes, America and the world will be far better off when we ban trump from being President in the next election.

As I said before I don't care if it's banned or not. 

If Microsoft buys TikTok, all will be well. 

• John W

Tik Tok is the latest app used by kids. Now that it is mainstream they will move on to something else.