Why do I rarely get replies to YouTube comments?

YouTube is a strange website sometimes, If I leave a comment on any video, either I never get a reply or I won't get one for a long time.

Also, I have noticed that if I leave a comment on a video, I start getting replies from other comments that I left on other videos a while ago.

The other thing is, sometimes I won't even get notified of a reply. I remember once I checked a comment of mine and noticed that there was a reply underneath it that I was never notified of. Is there some setting that I need to change?

• 1 day ago

Same for me. If I want to know how much attention a comment got: I have to go to my history, find the comment I made, select edit comment (which takes me to the video, because you can't just click on it, to be sent to the video where it was left), then I click cancel edit. Now I'm able to see the comment, and how many reactions, and any replies it received... It's beyond ridiculous, and needs fixed BADLY. But, you definitely aren't alone. It doesn't matter how many reactions something gets - I still don't get notifications. I have made comments that got nothing, and have one currently that has 6.3K reactions (most I've ever gotten). Makes no difference. I had to do all of the above to find out it had any reactions at all.

YouTube is really weird, depends of Google servers(if notifications are late) of people's interests...really, nothing personal just that's it! :-)

I think this is just an issue with YouTube notifications; sometimes they're delayed, sometimes they don't pop up at all.  This is nothing wrong with your account.