Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 2 months ago

Would drinking the water from water fountains cause cancer?

I was walking through my town centre yesterday, there are these fountains and sometimes the wind will blow them, I got some of the water in my mouth and I think I accidentally swallowed it. Is this dangerous?

No, it is quite unlikely. Be cautious, though.

Source(s): Reality,
  • kelvin

nope but you did catch incurable hypochondriac trollitis

• Edna

Drinking the water from a public fountain  or getting that water into your mouth is no more dangerous than drinking the water from your taps at home. 

The water in a public fountain comes from the same Municipal Water Supply District as does the water in your taps. The water is tested  and treated for impurities about ever 3 months.

• lo_mcg

I wonder why people that ask ‘Does {insert anything ridiculous and absurd} cause cancer?’ always post anonymously.

Actually I wonder no such thing; I know, as we all do. 

I just wish they would realise how they have contributed/are contributing to the Cancer section becoming somewhere no longer used by people genuinely seeking advice and help about a life-threatening and terrifying disease.

Okay, I do know that they realise that and that they don’t give a sh*t.

• LAN

I hope so Mr Right.   Maybe then you will stop posting offensively moronic questions over and over.

Reported for constant abuse of question format and interacting with alt account.

Most water fountains do not cause cancer.