Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 2 months ago

Would drinking the water from water fountains cause cancer?

I was walking through my town centre yesterday, there are these fountains and sometimes the wind will blow them, I got some of the water in my mouth and I think I accidentally swallowed it. Is this dangerous?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, it is quite unlikely. Be cautious, though.

Source(s): Reality,
  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

nope but you did catch incurable hypochondriac trollitis

• Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Drinking the water from a public fountain  or getting that water into your mouth is no more dangerous than drinking the water from your taps at home. 

The water in a public fountain comes from the same Municipal Water Supply District as does the water in your taps. The water is tested  and treated for impurities about ever 3 months.

• lo_mcg
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I wonder why people that ask ‘Does {insert anything ridiculous and absurd} cause cancer?’ always post anonymously.

Actually I wonder no such thing; I know, as we all do. 

I just wish they would realise how they have contributed/are contributing to the Cancer section becoming somewhere no longer used by people genuinely seeking advice and help about a life-threatening and terrifying disease.

Okay, I do know that they realise that and that they don’t give a sh*t.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • LAN
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I hope so Mr Right.   Maybe then you will stop posting offensively moronic questions over and over.

Reported for constant abuse of question format and interacting with alt account.

• 2 months ago

Most water fountains do not cause cancer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.