is there a way to create a customized route to get somewhere? ?

i’m planning a trip but both google maps and apple maps suggest i have to start in PA, go into NJ then over into NY and back to my destination in PA. im trying to stay in PA my entire route. any suggestions on how to achieve this?

you really shouldn’t need my exact starting and end point- all i want to know is if there’s a way to customize my route to stay in 1 state the whole way instead of cutting through 2 

Favorite Answer

You choose places closer together, always picking places in PA. Assuming, that is, that there actually are roads that go from where you are to the rest of PA. There's enough roads in that part of the country that you should be able to do it.

I'm not familiar with PA and in any case I don't know where you're going to or from but Canadians who want to drive from Toronto to Vancouver have this same problem if they want to stay entirely within Canada. The shortest route goes through the US, and that's what google maps will give you. But if you first put in Toronto to Thunder Bay and then Thunder Bay to Vancouver, you get routed onto only Canadian roads.

You can also move the blue line that google maps gives you to show the route by putting your cursor on it and dragging it to another road.

• 28AKO

we are you actually trying to go> we can't tell you until we figure out your destination